JEE Advanced 2016 Syllabus:
Jee Advanced Syllabus covers all the topics required to be studied by as aspirants who wish to avail admission in IIT's via the Jee Advanced 2016 Examination. students will have to study topics as prescribed for Physics in Jee Advanced 2016.
Check All The Subjects Syllabus For Jee Advanced 2016
Jee Advanced 2016 - Physics Syllabus
Methods of measurement and error analysis for physical quantities pertaining
- Units and dimensions, dimensional analysis; least count, significant figures;
to the following experiments: Experiments based on using Vernier calipers and
screw gauge (micrometer), Determination of g using simple pendulum, Young’s
modulus by Searle’s method, Specific heat of a liquid using calorimeter, focal
length of a concave mirror and a convex lens using u-v method, Speed of sound
using resonance column, Verification of Ohm’s law using voltmeter and
ammeter, and specific resistance of the material of a wire using meter bridge
and post office box.
projectiles; Uniform circular motion; Relative velocity.
- Kinematics in one and two dimensions (Cartesian coordinates only),
reference; Static and dynamic friction; Kinetic and potential energy; Work and
- Newton’s laws of motion; Inertial and uniformly accelerated frames of
power; Conservation of linear momentum and mechanical energy.
- Systems of particles; Centre of mass and its motion; Impulse; Elastic and
gravity; Motion of planets and satellites in circular orbits; Escape velocity.
- Law of gravitation; Gravitational potential and field; Acceleration due to
moment of inertia of uniform bodies with simple geometrical shapes; Angular
- Rigid body, moment of inertia, parallel and perpendicular axes theorems,
momentum; Torque; Conservation of angular momentum; Dynamics of rigid
bodies with fixed axis of rotation; Rolling without slipping of rings, cylinders
and spheres; Equilibrium of rigid bodies; Collision of point masses with rigid
- Linear and angular simple harmonic motions.
- Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus.
Pressure in a fluid; Pascal’s law; Buoyancy; Surface energy and surface tension,
capillary rise; Viscosity (Poiseuille’s equation excluded), Stoke’s law; Terminal
velocity, Streamline flow, equation of continuity, Bernoulli’s theorem and its
superposition of waves; Progressive and stationary waves; Vibration of strings
- Wave motion (plane waves only), longitudinal and transverse waves,
and air columns; Resonance; Beats; Speed of sound in gases; Doppler effect (in
conduction in one dimension; Elementary concepts of convection and
- Thermal expansion of solids, liquids and gases; Calorimetry, latent heat; Heat
radiation; Newton’s law of cooling; Ideal gas laws; Specific heats (Cv and Cp for
monoatomic and diatomic gases); Isothermal and adiabatic processes, bulk
modulus of gases; Equivalence of heat and work; First law of thermodynamics
and its applications (only for ideal gases); Blackbody radiation: absorptive and
emissive powers; Kirchhoff’s law; Wien’s displacement law, Stefan’s law.
4. Electricity and Magnetism:
system of point charges and of electrical dipoles in a uniform electrostatic
- Coulomb’s law; Electric field and potential; Electrical potential energy of a
field; Electric field lines; Flux of electric field; Gauss’s law and its application in
simple cases, such as, to find field due to infinitely long straight wire, uniformly
charged infinite plane sheet and uniformly charged thin spherical shell.
series and parallel; Energy stored in a capacitor.
- Capacitance; Parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectrics; Capacitors in
and cells; Kirchhoff’s laws and simple applications; Heating effect of current.
- Electric current; Ohm’s law; Series and parallel arrangements of resistances
straight wire, along the axis of a circular coil and inside a long straight solenoid;
- Biot–Savart’s law and Ampere’s law; Magnetic field near a current-carrying
Force on a moving charge and on a current-carrying wire in a uniform magnetic
current loop; Moving coil galvanometer, voltmeter, ammeter and their
- Magnetic moment of a current loop; Effect of a uniform magnetic field on a
inductance; RC, LR and LC circuits with d.c. and a.c. sources.
- Electromagnetic induction: Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law; Self and mutual
spherical surfaces; Total internal reflection; Deviation and dispersion of light by
- Rectilinear propagation of light; Reflection and refraction at plane and
a prism; Thin lenses; Combinations of mirrors and thin lenses; Magnification.
- Wave nature of light: Huygen’s principle, interference limited to Young’s
6. Modern physics:
- Atomic nucleus; α, β and radiations; Law of radioactive decay; Decay
fusion processes; Energy calculation in these processes.
- Photoelectric effect; Bohr’s theory of hydrogen-like atoms; Characteristic and